CLEAR?

Swords, Knives, Guns, Lightsabers, etc...
Have a link, need help finding something...post here

Moderators: Zendragon, Fifthrider

Postby sloopyjon » Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 am

sakara wrote:I use Halfords car paints to paint the guns to accurate colours. Theyre primer is the best there is over here and the merc or BMW silver is the best metal shade.
Youll need to sand off the base paint if theyre painted green/orange etc, use the sand blocks at Halfords
gods bless halfords for letting me be accurate in my costumes!


are you getting kick backs from halfords by any chance?
sloopyjon
Field Student
Field Student
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:26 am
Location: LONDON

Postby sakara » Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 am

sloopyjon wrote:
sakara wrote:I use Halfords car paints to paint the guns to accurate colours. Theyre primer is the best there is over here and the merc or BMW silver is the best metal shade.
Youll need to sand off the base paint if theyre painted green/orange etc, use the sand blocks at Halfords
gods bless halfords for letting me be accurate in my costumes!


are you getting kick backs from halfords by any chance?


haha gods i wish i was with the amount i go through!!
"You're not afraid of the dark are you?

http://www.darksidecostumes.com
User avatar
sakara
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:09 am
Location: Cardiff UK

Postby sloopyjon » Tue May 25, 2010 5:56 am

sakara wrote:
sloopyjon wrote:
sakara wrote:I use Halfords car paints to paint the guns to accurate colours. Theyre primer is the best there is over here and the merc or BMW silver is the best metal shade.
Youll need to sand off the base paint if theyre painted green/orange etc, use the sand blocks at Halfords
gods bless halfords for letting me be accurate in my costumes!


are you getting kick backs from halfords by any chance?


haha gods i wish i was with the amount i go through!!


that would be cos you is mental.... find yourself a good uniparts store and get yourself some "hycote" paints its way cheeper and far better quality (though thats subjective i supose) i find halfords paints over priced and very sensative to atmosphrics ...end of the day its just personal choice i guess
sloopyjon
Field Student
Field Student
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:26 am
Location: LONDON

Postby Anneke » Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

Is it possible for you guys to buy US or Asian guns on say, eBay for example and just have them shipped to you? Or do they catch stuff like that in the mail?

Pretty frustrating laws for cosplayers :?
Nothing is certain until your dead and then I'm sure God negotiates.
User avatar
Anneke
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Postby lady linny » Fri May 28, 2010 1:15 am

yep they catch bloody everything now and the customs charges are horrendous just as they are on bjd's...parcel force or parcel farce as i like to call them don't miss a trick
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...
Image
User avatar
lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:11 am
Location: In Mike Baldwins "UNDERWORLD" factory

Postby melloncollie » Sat May 29, 2010 8:20 am

if any UK-ers are interested I'm selling my Movie/AOD HK usp airsofts, hopefully royal mail won't open up domestic packages so much to nose :P
User avatar
melloncollie
Myth
Myth
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:52 am
Location: UK

Postby Kt_Templar » Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 am

melloncollie wrote:if any UK-ers are interested I'm selling my Movie/AOD HK usp airsofts, hopefully royal mail won't open up domestic packages so much to nose :P


Selling is now also illegal... 'gifting' would not be I suppose...
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak
Kt_Templar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:53 am
Location: London, UK

Postby melloncollie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:09 am

Kt_Templar wrote:
melloncollie wrote:if any UK-ers are interested I'm selling my Movie/AOD HK usp airsofts, hopefully royal mail won't open up domestic packages so much to nose :P


Selling is now also illegal... 'gifting' would not be I suppose...


it is? geez they really y know publicise these things... but yeh erm 'gifting' :P
User avatar
melloncollie
Myth
Myth
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:52 am
Location: UK

Postby Mad4lara » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Hmmmmm tempting, how much would they be by any chance?
Gigady Gigady!!!!
User avatar
Mad4lara
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:11 pm
Location: In a Galaxy far far away

Postby melloncollie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:43 am

£30 for the lot?
User avatar
melloncollie
Myth
Myth
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:52 am
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Prop Weapons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron