FX lightsabers?

Swords, Knives, Guns, Lightsabers, etc...
Have a link, need help finding something...post here

Moderators: Zendragon, Fifthrider

Postby Corellia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 am

well I registered and put the items in my cart and it said "This item can only be delivered to a UK address." :x that's twice as bad because they had other cool stuff I wanted to order along with the saber.
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Combat Gerbil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:14 am

Just be sure you get one soon as MR no longer have a licence to make Star Wars items and once they are gone... they are gone. You'll probably see them on good ole' Ebay for a while though.. but the prices will inevitably go up.
I have the Anakin.. which I have made the blade detatchable (it's pretty easy) and the green Luke.. which I will be converting to a luxeon with detatchable blade sometime.
Combat Gerbil
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Corellia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:25 am

yes I read that about MR... :cry:

I'm swaying between the Luke ANH and Anakin ROTS versions right now... they look very similar... only the Luke saber is on preorder and will be on sale only on 2 weeks as it seems. I'd also like the luke ESB version but that's an old one with 6 batteries... not so good then.

in case I don't find any other store... would any of you guys from UK be willing to get one for me from play.com and send it to me?

btw to you have a tutorial or instructions on how to make the blade removable?

[edit] scratch play.com... I found a store at last!
Last edited by Corellia on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Corellia » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:50 am

ordered one *veryhappy* :P
it will be hard though when I receive the package to pass it on to be wrapped up for christmas :mrgreen:
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Combat Gerbil » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:11 am

Glad to hear you've found one.. and yes I can pass on instructions on how to de-blade it.. depending on which one you're getting. :D The Anakin is I believe the easiest to do.
It's also hard to think about dismantling something like this.. especially if it's new.
Combat Gerbil
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Corellia » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:22 am

I bought the latest saber, the Luke ANH one. I found some instructions for removing blades from other, older hilts, but I didn't understand a word of what these guys were writing ... :oops:
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Kt_Templar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:50 am

Can someone post us a link that details what happened to the MR and the SW License.
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak
Kt_Templar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Postby Corellia » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 am

here's the announcement from the official star wars site, but there isn't much information in that:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/masterreplicas/news20070515.html

and here's something more detailed from rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Corgi_and_Master_Replicas_to_cease_producing_Star_Wars_products_105864.asp
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Peralton » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:00 pm

The MR are good. They have the sound FX and the blade lighting looks good.

I have a Parks saber, which I like a LOT. More expensive, but the parts are true machined metal. The blades are thinner and longer. Parks blades are removable.

I have a Dark Avenger, which has a more accurate neck (MR necks are wider to accommodate the thicker blade). I like the look of it a lot.
Peralton
Peralton
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kt_Templar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:57 pm

Corellia wrote:here's the announcement from the official star wars site, but there isn't much information in that:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/masterreplicas/news20070515.html

and here's something more detailed from rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Corgi_and_Master_Replicas_to_cease_producing_Star_Wars_products_105864.asp

Thanks Julia! Congrat on finding a saber!

I see what happened, Lucas wanted more money than MR/Corgi wanted to pay, understandably, it is technically a dead year, with no new film or TV material to be released they had a good reason to ask for a reduction.

Odd considering that MR/Corgi were a sponsor of Celebration Europe too... does that mean that Celebration 2008 won't now happen?
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak
Kt_Templar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Postby Corellia » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:59 am

Peralton wrote:I have a Dark Avenger, which has a more accurate neck (MR necks are wider to accommodate the thicker blade). I like the look of it a lot.

I would have preferred a parks too but couldn't ask for that much money ;)
I wanted to get a Obi-Wan saber at first but the thick neck of the MR version was the reason I decided against it.
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Corellia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:34 pm

it shipped today! :mrgreen: :multi: omg I can't wait!

[edit] I just got a notification that my saber has already arrived in austria and is being processed by customs. I just hope they don't make me pay some extra charges...
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby monkeybat » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:23 am

hers the thread for de-taching the blade.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/vader_ESB_tutorial.html
Take a good look Barry, real bars, real trouble
monkeybat
Field Student
Field Student

Postby Corellia » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:24 am

thanks! I've seen some tutorials like that, but never for the Luke ANH saber. and they all need different steps for removing the blades :cry:
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Pitfall Harry » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 am

That seems like a good way to mess up a very expensive prop. I love how it shows you how to take all of that apart but doesn't show you how to put it back together. :?
Pitfall Harry
Raider
Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Prop Weapons