Gone and got a new toy...

Swords, Knives, Guns, Lightsabers, etc...
Have a link, need help finding something...post here

Moderators: Zendragon, Fifthrider

Gone and got a new toy...

Postby Sir C » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:54 pm

The Walther P38, 9mm, was introduced in 1940 as a replacement for the less reliable Lugar, and was the first double action automatic. At the end of the war, when Germany was not allowed to manufacture weapons, shipments of "liberated" parts were sent to Manurhin, in France, where they were assembled and distributed on contracts to police and military across much of the world until Walther returned to full manufacture in the 1950s.

This one, a Manurhin Pistolet P1, dates from around 1947 and was part of a Portuguese police contract. Holding nine rounds it's still easily lighter than either of my six shooters. A classic, reliable handgun.

I've also always thought this was a sexy gun and since I needed an automatic to qualify for my carry permit I thought it'd do nicely.

FWIW, I had to replace the frame before I could buy it and the new one came with the original Walther owners manual...every single word in German. If I hadn't found an English version of it online I was gonna have a real hard time with Babelfish...

I went to a local gunshop to see if they had any spare mags and, they did. $60 each! I went straight home and bought two on eBay for $25 including shipping... :D
Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Tenyon » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:53 am

That's a real beauty you got there, and what a luck on the spare mags!
Last edited by Tenyon on Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Between night and dawn, a whole new world can be seen...it's the truth.
Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Postby lady linny » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:47 am

i just get fascinated with antiques.....can you imagine the history attached to it.....what an amazing find......interesting fact which probably everyone knows...but angelina's ex billy bob actually had a phobia of antique furniture :shock: ....apparently she had to tell him that all the furniture in their house was all reproductions :wink:
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...
lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Corellia » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 am

lady linny wrote:....apparently she had to tell him that all the furniture in their house was all reproductions :wink:

... which they weren't, I suppose 8)
I didn't know that, actually, I never followed angie's life around like that :oops:
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Lara333Croft » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:51 am

I want one..I WANT ONE...lol!
life is a big adventure...
Lara333Croft
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Postby Tenyon » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:30 pm

lady linny wrote:i just get fascinated with antiques.....can you imagine the history attached to it.....what an amazing find......interesting fact which probably everyone knows...but angelina's ex billy bob actually had a phobia of antique furniture :shock: ....apparently she had to tell him that all the furniture in their house was all reproductions :wink:

You wanna borrow my 'Gardner's Art through the ages' book? 864 pages of pure history and there is furniture in it to :mrgreen: .
Between night and dawn, a whole new world can be seen...it's the truth.
Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Postby Sir C » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:06 pm

While this handgun brings my personal armory to three it is more of an antique, a collector's piece to me. As is my .38 Smith Victory Model from 1943.

They're contemporaries and they make a nice pair and they're both still fully serviceable which means I can load and fire either of them if I wanted to or needed to but the one that I carry, at work (it is a pawn shop, after all...) is the one that's easiest to hang on my shoulder all day and the one that would always mean business if it were ever called into use

S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum. Like being hit by a bolt of lightening. I could go hunting with this gun if the barrel was four inches longer...as if I would ever want to go hunting... :roll:

Still, at the moment, I'm quite taken with my Pistolet... :wink:
Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Peralton » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:13 pm

All very nice. A great find.
Peralton
Peralton
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby LLC » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:04 pm

Very nice!
Any plan in which you loose your hat is A BAD PLAN!
LLC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby lady linny » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:50 am

Corellia wrote:
lady linny wrote:....apparently she had to tell him that all the furniture in their house was all reproductions :wink:

... which they weren't, I suppose 8)
I didn't know that, actually, I never followed angie's life around like that :oops:

ah but that's how sad i really am!
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...
lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby LLC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 pm

I got me a new 'toy also.

Got a 50th anniversary .44 magnum Ruger blackhawk.
Man! That recoil is brutal!

Yep! .357 is a great carry piece. Been practicing and with the 50th anniversary Ruger .357s (matched pair) I put 12 rounds in less then 2" at 20 yards (best of grouping). Pretty proud with these eyes.
Any plan in which you loose your hat is A BAD PLAN!
LLC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby jamesparadise » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 am

nice!
jamesparadise
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Return to Prop Weapons