UK ban on 'replica' guns

Swords, Knives, Guns, Lightsabers, etc...
Have a link, need help finding something...post here

Moderators: Zendragon, Fifthrider

Postby Fifthrider » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:38 pm

Personally, I think they just can't afford as many bullets but that's me.

I like your views on societal responsibility and gun control. Likewise. Full-auto isn't something that should generally be in the hands of the public. Same for explosive ordinance. Basic handgun and rifle protection would be a shame to totally remove.
Before going to bed each night, Chuck Norris checks his closet for... Bryan Fear.
Fifthrider
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Sir C » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Fifthrider wrote:Personally, I think they just can't afford as many bullets but that's me.

You may be onto something there... :wink:

Explosive and armour piercing. What are the chances that one will ever, in ones entire lifetime, actually have a need for ammo like that? :roll:
Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Fifthrider » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:14 pm

Funny you should say that. I've had this run-in at work with the same vending machine THREE TIMES this week. Third time, and I'm mixing chemicals from under the sink to open that disobedient android right up.
Before going to bed each night, Chuck Norris checks his closet for... Bryan Fear.
Fifthrider
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby SukaNax » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:56 pm

Yeah, you are right man! :(
I like to like it!
SukaNax

Postby LLC » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:18 am

Fifthrider wrote:Funny you should say that. I've had this run-in at work with the same vending machine THREE TIMES this week. Third time, and I'm mixing chemicals from under the sink to open that disobedient android right up.

Uh-oh! People wonder sometimes when I just smile and say "Chemistry is a good thing to know."
Any plan in which you loose your hat is A BAD PLAN!
LLC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby koisty » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:30 am

haha LLC you make me laugh :lol: I totally hear you :twisted: ...my boyfy runs a lab...I call him chemistry boy, its very handy some of the stuff he knows! :wink:
koisty
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Jenn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Suddenly I just thought of the professor from the simpsons, I dont know why. :think:
Jenn
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Kt_Templar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:15 pm

Just a little reminder to folks in the UK to buy your guns before the new restrictions come in and a whole lot of paperwork is necessary.

I have also seen no confirmation that cosplayers will be eligible to buy replica guns under the theatrical or reenactmanet clause. anyone seen anything?

Do we need to register Raiderquest and COW, Indylounge and other fan sites as reenactors to come under the law? I really don't want to register as an airsofter unless it's absolutely necessary.
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak
Kt_Templar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Postby jamesparadise » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:05 am

I should be exempt under the theatrical clause because of my job :wink:
jamesparadise
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby April_Croft » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am

So what happens now? If I get caught with guns will I be arrested? My distant cousin in leeds 9who I don't know, btw ;))had a whole swat team called out after him bless him and he was only about 10, messing round with his mates playing soldiers as you DO when you're a 10 year old boy.. it wasn't even a decent replica or so I hear.. just a stupid cheapy thing from a corner shop.. but (no offence) that's in leeds and there has been lots of gun crime over the past few years in various parts of england, spesh with the street gang violence thing.. but It's not like that in Wales... what do you think would happen? and would it make any difference if I was with an adult?
April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Postby Vinny » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:40 am

If you're on your way to a convention or shoot, I think it's best if you keep the guns hidden away, even if they're fake. Just because they're fake doesn't mean they might not be mistaken for a real gun, especially if sighted from afar.
Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby April_Croft » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:52 am

Crap, so I'm stuffed doing shoots outside then aren't I? :cry:
April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Postby Vinny » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:59 am

Wouldn't it depend on where you were shooting? If it's somewhere remote and there's no-one around, I'd be getting the guns out :) And if you were actually shooting, hopefully anyone that does see you will either a) recognise the Lara outfit; b) see the camera and realise you're just modelling; or c) both.
Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby April_Croft » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:04 am

Aye good point, but the people sometimes are such tossers and will porbs tell the police anyway.. not only that but I could imagine them having a good old dig about how "sad" it was first :? :cry: :x
April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Postby jamesparadise » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:26 am

well to be registered as an airsoft skirmisher then you need to have played at aUKARA registered site three times or more in not less than 2 monthes.
Those of you who are pro Laras( or any other character) ie registered with a lookalike agency should be OK to purchase airsoft weapons.
Of course the problem with the above is that airsoft retailers understandably seem to want to play safe and you'll have to convince them that you won't get them prosecuted ( and the only difference between some airsoft retailers and a chimp in a diaper is the diaper).
Its also illegal to buy airsoft via mail or the web
The law is very vague and the Government don't seem to be keen on clarifying it.
jamesparadise
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Prop Weapons