Dragon*Con 2009

Know of one? Been to one recently? Tell us about it...

Moderators: Zendragon, Chuey

Xavietta
Raider
Raider

Post by Xavietta » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:27 am

all my people are still a "maybe" so I haven't booked yet...I know it's like a year away but I'm getting anxious lol
Get it together Lara!!

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Xavietta wrote:all my people are still a "maybe" so I haven't booked yet...I know it's like a year away but I'm getting anxious lol

book, u can always cancel
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've ever caught me doing"

Chuey
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Chuey » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Zendragon wrote:
Xavietta wrote:all my people are still a "maybe" so I haven't booked yet...I know it's like a year away but I'm getting anxious lol

book, u can always cancel

Glad you told me and I registered. I can not believe that the Marriott is already sold out. :shock:
Regards,

Mark "Chuey" Lin

TRaiderGurl
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by TRaiderGurl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:00 pm

I wanna stay in a certain overflow hotel that i stayed in for 2 years, and loved. But it's not on the site yet. In fact no prices are. Is the overflow even going to know what I'm talking about and give it to me at a DC rate?

Xavietta
Raider
Raider

Post by Xavietta » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:20 pm

TRaiderGurl: I coudln't tell you about the hotels :?: I have no idea how they do things lol

Well, good news. I am for sure going to D*C 09. yay! ^^ I got an email from a friend (for whom I'm making a few costumes for D*C) and she said she had 2 extra spaces in her hotel and I was like "they're mine!" :)

The only thing is I'll only be able to go for saturday and sunday since my boyfriend will most likely be working monday-friday :? but hey, we get to go!!
Get it together Lara!!

Gemma
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Gemma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 am

Got my little pink postcard in the post yesterday :D

Hotel and flights are booked too. I'm already excited and there's months to go!

Perhaps we could have an RQ meet up. It would be nice to get together with some of the people I've known for years on here but never met.
My moral standing is lying down

Xavietta
Raider
Raider

Post by Xavietta » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:38 am

Gemma wrote:Got my little pink postcard in the post yesterday :D

Hotel and flights are booked too. I'm already excited and there's months to go!

Perhaps we could have an RQ meet up. It would be nice to get together with some of the people I've known for years on here but never met.

yay!! I still need to save up some money for our badges :roll: I think we tried a meet up last year...I don't know how that worked out lol I'm defiinitely in for one though :)
Get it together Lara!!

Gemma
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Gemma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Xavietta wrote:I got an email from a friend (for whom I'm making a few costumes for D*C) and she said she had 2 extra spaces in her hotel and I was like "they're mine!" :)

Is this the same person you made the Lady Blackhawk costume for last time? I don't know her as such, but she's on another forum I go on. My friends on that forum went to D*Con last year and got to meet her. It was strange seeing you post photos of her costumes here while she was talking about them over there - it's a small world :)

Xavietta
Raider
Raider

Post by Xavietta » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:48 pm

lol that IS her :D is it by any chance the Wolf Pack Elite forums? I go there every once in a while.
Get it together Lara!!

Gemma
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Gemma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:51 pm

No, the Aliens Legacy forum. She goes by the name of Divine Ambrosia...

TRaiderGurl
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by TRaiderGurl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:54 pm

WPE are my homies!

By the way, I'm totally booked for DC. It's crazy that tickets are 70, and that the Hyatt and Marriott are sold out. I hear that a lot of the overflow hotels are sold out too.
So happy i booked early.

So, now....about a meet up. It's talked about every year, and i REALLY think it should be set in stone this year. Like set a time and place. Then go out to eat, or something. We have a lot of groups that set up things like that, and they go smoothly every year.

Xavietta
Raider
Raider

Post by Xavietta » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:16 pm

TRaiderGurl wrote:WPE are my homies!

By the way, I'm totally booked for DC. It's crazy that tickets are 70, and that the Hyatt and Marriott are sold out. I hear that a lot of the overflow hotels are sold out too.
So happy i booked early.

So, now....about a meet up. It's talked about every year, and i REALLY think it should be set in stone this year. Like set a time and place. Then go out to eat, or something. We have a lot of groups that set up things like that, and they go smoothly every year.

this is totally delayed, but I just bought my tickets, so I'm for sure going lol but I totally agree we should really get a meet up together :) My only concern is I think we're only going to be there saturday and sunday (unless boyfriend can get off work that friday) So for me to be there, it has to be one of those days.

Anyway, I got my tickets and my friend said we could room with her, so I'm pretty much set :D
Get it together Lara!!

Jenn
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Jenn » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I really want to try and make it this year. I wont know for sure until probably pretty last min cause thats how I always do this. LOL.

Peralton
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Peralton » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 am

I'll go if work sends me again. If not, I need to save my pennies otherwise. A planned meet-up and group photo would be awesome, I missed just about everyone last year.
Peralton

Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by Vinny » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Do tickets to DC sell out or can you still get them at the last minute or even at the door? There's a small chance I might be able to go as a friend wants me to come over for it. But I won't know if I can until the last minute because of my work schedule.